Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7 - "The Practice Grape"

"The Practice Grape"
 4x4 oil on Canvas Paper
NFS

I should call this Abbey's Grape.  Why? Because while taking a workshop from Painter Abbey Ryan,
she demonstrated how to get the luminosity of a grape.  SO,  the other day I bought some grapes,
mixed  the same colors she used while remembering her tips .... and within 20 minutes or so -  Voila! 
 I thought,  WOW!  it worked!  
THEN today,  Day 7 of this 30 Paintings in 30 day's challenge,  I attempted another painting of the grape only on a hard canvas with the intention of making a more detailed version.
Must have worked on it for at least 3 hours and guess what? 
 I couldn't stop painting, it started getting overworked, muddy and of course the light kept changing.  Grrrr!  
 In the end I wiped the canvas completely clean.... and so here you go,  my first practice grape.

No comments: