Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Romy's Prawns and Shrimp"


11 X 14 Acrylic

56 Kamehameha Hwy
Kahuku, HI

So this month I finally went to Hawaii!....well virtually.  
This month's Virtual Paintout hosted by Bill Guffey.  While searching via Google Maps Street View for the perfect spot to paint, I found this fun red building in the midst of farming fields.  The red truck matched it's building as did several red picnic tables.  If I were really there, this would be a great place to eat some fresh prawns and shrimp!

4 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

This is realy neat. I have seen several pieces from this paint out and so far nothing like this idea. I have heard that the colour red makes us hungry.

J. B. Alexandra said...

This is a very unusual choice. All painting beaches and palm trees to choose. All the more I like your painting. It is perfect and funny.

Ruth said...

Renee, where did you find this scene? This is one I would have loved to have found. I get so frustrated, looking and looking to find just the right one. This one would have been my choice, too, if I had seen it. Great find, great choice and you did a great job in painting it. Love it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and making a neat comment.

Renee Brennan said...

Thanks Ladies!

Melanie, I have never heard of red making us hungry, but if that's true then this entreprenuer is brilliant!

J.B. I do look for the unusual....the Stavenger, Norway paintout I had a sheep with a bucket on his head!

Ruth, I tried to link the location, didn't work so instead I added the address. By the way I REALLY liked your location and painting!