Sunday, July 19, 2020

Bingo Paintings

Bingo Paintings

What to do with all those vintage Bingo cards one has been hoarding? 
 Hmmmm paint on them.  Why not?  They make a nice little painting surface!

I purposly didn't completely prime them and was just playing around. After all playing and not worrying about end result is much more interesting right?
 First, I started using oils and then switched to 
Golden Open Acrylics (more on these below)
I liked the effect that the Bingo numbers and letters peaked through.  
What do you think?

Lake & Nest paintings. 
A few left in my Etsy Shop

Sold all of the Cherries but will add more in my Shop at 
The Front Porch and on Etsy soon!

A few thoughts on using Golden Open Acrylics.
As a painter who loves oils, I'm so happy to finally try them.
They are SLOW DRYING, which is the definate benefit when being used to oils.
They mix together nicely and I even used an Open Thinner which extended the drying time a bit more.  Yay!
I started with the basic color kit from Dick Blick and added a few more colors that I like to use such as Panes Gray and some of the Umbers.

SO, in short I do recommend giving these a try! 



No comments: